The lovely Rach just tagged me for a meme and I’m usually slack as hell at doing them… waiting for a blog lull where my camera hasn’t been particularly inspiring, I’ve not been making anything, or Hannah hasn’t said any funny crap. In actual fact, Han’s been breaking out the comic genius rather regularly but it’s too much for me to isolate any one single hilarious moment. And then, it is never as funny when you retell it. Unless you are SarahBean.
But I’m cheating a bit and am going to also post a photo from my graduation as maman sent a few through the other day. You are spared the nerdy ones of me posing by myself but get a pic of my parenty types.
So here we go:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
I was entering my first year of high school in Rotorua at good old Western Heights High School. Fab place that it is. I’m pretty sure in third form I was rocking the ultra oversized spunky blue polo and giant grey skirt look. I had gotten Mum to take it up for me (knee length just wasn’t the done thing) but it was still huge. By the following year I think I’d acquired a friend’s skirt which was a whoooole lot smaller and shorter, traded in the man-sized shirts for three-year-old sized ones and was rocking knee high white socks and skater shoes – upping the skank levels. That was also when I got dreads so was combining trashiness with hobo. Nice.
1998 was also the year where Megan, Nic, Laura and I were lumped together in a class and became firm friends. Alley was also involved but as she was in a different class she didn’t get to experience the excitement of Mr Cameron encouraging us to ‘listen to the fairies’ in Science or work out how to get on the side of Mr Wright in math. For the record: either play rugby or take a vague interest in maths. If you did neither, you were screwed.
Cadbury snow flakes, Abe’s bagel crisps in Roasted Garlic flavour, Mint slice biscuits, Gonuts Endless Summer Granny Apples or Very Berry dried fruit, crumbed Camembert with cranberry sauce.
I’m not too phased with gaining weight so I eat all of the above… when I can afford it… I’m on a cut-down-on-spending mission remember?
Move to France, train in something to do with health and then write a fantastic MA and phD (the billions have the effect of making me a genius and increasing my work ethic too), donate millions and squillions to development projects, make all my family members comfortable.
– Stage girl at the Agrodome – not terribly glamorous. Involved sheep poo and stubborn rams.
– Waitress at various restaurants including while 6 months pregnant (Classy I know)
– Bar wench at The Cook in Dunedin
– Native tree sprayer arounder for a project my Dad was involved for Progress Ngongotaha/Kokiri Ngongotaha
– Library Assistant for Family Planning
– Biting my nails.
– Waving many many times (to make sure they see me!) when anyone lets me in traffic or stops to let me cross the road.
– Wrenching my back around to make it click.
– Rotorua: Hamurana and Kawaha Point
– Dunedin: Cnr Dundas and Castle Streets and Evansdale
– Wellington: Kelburn and Kilbirnie and Karori (briefly)
I had to expand to reach 5. he.
Knit Gem’s present
Sew label on hat for Juniper
Go to farewell party and then fancy launch of publication at Parliament
Remind Jute to get wool out for Amie to pick up
Crap. Forgot this part!
I would like to get to know more about my kiddo and the way she’ll learn and change over time… Gertrude Stein… Anthony Loyd… my workmate Sam… and like the majority of the celeb stalkers in the world… Britney. 😉
Tag yourselves. 🙂