How’s 2009 treating ya? I’m undecided.
I have made a few resolutions. Sorta. I’m not entirely committed to them as new year’s resolutions so if I fail then I don’t have to feel bad.
1. I’m really truly actually stopping biting my nails. 70% and climbing. They grow so fast in summer it’d be stupid not to. And I have to have pretty nails for Jute’s wedding. So does Jute. We are each other’s moral support. And source of nagging. It’s working well.
2. Blog less. Internet less. (Yes, internet did also just become a verb.) Bad news for people who actually give a flying crap about this blog… but I figure there are some awesome new ones out there that there’s more than enough for everyone. So email me if you want an update. You know that’s where I let all the juiciest goss fly anyway.
3. Spend less money. Again… for the 6,543th year in a row. Well, maybe not that many. I’m only 24. But it seems like I’ve been trying to save for that long. Now it’s a necessity. I have no money. Zilch. Zero. Nada. But my dentist is obviously rolling in it. Bastard.
4. Don’t post crappy photos on the blog. No more. I’d rather be photoless. Or it could fit in niceless with no.2 if I can’t blog unless I have a decent photo. Perrrfect. Unfortunately this may require a new camera. I’m right the freak over having to constantly cellotape up my current one in order to get it to work.
5. Read more.* Already underway. Yuss.
Right. And now I must go see to my car. The battery died while I was away and I had to call one of Gaz’s friends to come and rescue me as he is still in Christchurch.** He’s currently doing his manly stuff down the hill while I blog. Heh.
I also had a resolution not to do half arsed blog posts. But then I went and got tired while I was writing this so whaddaya know? Half arsed blog post. Awesome.
*This can include activities that are not reading at all. Like downloading podcasts of Noam Chomsky lectures and listening to them.
**I’m not that bloody useless. I already tried roll starting it but the damn thing is properly dead. And that was no mean feat by myself… involving pushing the car from facing up the hill round to facing down… with the kid in… which made it quite a risk pushing it down the hill and having to jump in after such extertion. We survived though. Just.